This picture makes me cry!

This picture makes me cry!
Thought it was time to change my picture

Monday, July 23, 2007

"I Have A Dream"

All right - I'm sure you are all saying shut the hell up Barbie........see what being MIA for a couple of days does to me??? Geez you would think this was like crack or something.......I really gotta get a grip!

So on to my point - I need opinions and honesty here........I want to write a book! I love to write and have always wanted to write a book - the title would be the same as my blog title.........I just think that people should know the reality of losingn weight........it is so much more than some bubbleheaded aerobic instructor or fluff stuffed counsellor can ever describe. That is one of the reasons that I love this place - I can be real - people are real - life sucks sometimes, dieting sucks a lot of the time, exercise is hard, eating healthy is expensive and YES folks, sometimes after all our hard work pays off we realize that we have still gained a pannus and that, in and of itself, SUCKS ASS! So my saggy boob, jiggly butt, pannus toting self wants to write a book - maybe pannus talk isn't for everyone or the fact that I had some kind of orgy with banana pudding may be a little to riscae for some but I think real life weight loss stories are inspring. In fact - NOTHING inspires me more than to read about each of your successes, trials, tribulations, tears, laughter and joy. Weight issues are rough......dieting is harder.......loving yourself is the hardest!

So what would you guys think about compiling our stories and putting them in a book form??? Maybe it's a dumb idea - maybe no one would ever buy it BUT maybe it would inspire someone to "hold on", to "dream big", to "just do it" or to "break on through to the other side"..........let me know what you think about it. It might take some time to get it orchestrated and put together but it would be fun in the process!! I think we are an extraordinary (or insane, obsessive compuslive and ADD) group of people and we should share our insights with others!

8 comments:

MMalloy said...

Love your idea Steph!! You have a great story and I agree reading about others is the greatest motivation inspiration!
You are skinny, yes I am a size 2 on a good day and today is a good day!!! I am going to bite the bullet and throw these things in the wash tonight, cross your fingers for me and my big ass ;)

BB said...

I love to read your blogs and you're already famous with the magazine cover so I say...why not? Maybe we should tell Oprah so we can all meet on her show ;) I think it's a good idea for the book

Unknown said...

Oprah is on my list of things to do one day - along with writing a book, owning a Mercedes and having a baby so I'm all in! I think it would be really cool to agree to donate the proceeds to some charity type thing even - like a weight loss program for kids - I grew up the fat, gawky kid and the teasing and cruelty that I suffered still haunts me today - not trying to be melodramatic but being overweight as a kid/teenager is life altering!

Candace MacPherson said...

Steph, I love your writing. Got news, it appeals to the younger crowd, too. Granted I have to, um, censor/alter some content, but my daughter (9 yo) has taken to wondering in whenever I'm on the 'puter and asking if the Barbie woman wrote anymore. Colette's I can't even share with her (but you can bet I'll be telling hubby how OTHER men watch movies - gotta get curtains up in the front room...)

Colette said...

Haha @ Candace.... Steph I think a book would be a wonderful idea. Yes, you are real and I think every woman will be able to relate to you and the guys will want to DO Trixie!! LMAO..
I say GO FOR IT!!!!

Swizzlepop said...

Ya just couldn't let more than a couple days go without saying it could you? PANNUS!!!!!!!!! I don't know why that word sticks in my head, but thanks to you it is burned in there LOL.
I think a book would be great, I would totally read your book!

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you guys would be intrested in doing this......you all did read that part of my post right??? I don't want to just tell my story - I want to tell each of our stories......I swear every single one of you contribute so much to my day.......so I'm going to come up with a plan......I mean hell I've got the story part already - now I just have to figure out how to write a book - wonder if they have a book title "Writing a Book For Dummies"??? You girls/guys start getting your stories ready!

Unknown said...

Just for Swizzle - Pannus, Pannus, Pannus.......okay sorry, how juvenile of me......shit - now I am laughing hysterically at my computer screen. They're gonna get worried and think the heat is getting to me - I won't be allowed to walk the parking garage anymore and I'll get fat and wear mumus and eat hohos.....oh God - see what happens to me when I get here??? This site could be the end of my career!!