This picture makes me cry!

This picture makes me cry!
Thought it was time to change my picture

Friday, August 3, 2007

A BOOK about Barbie and a BITCH about Oprah!!!

I said that I would save this for another post so here goes - it is official - I have started the book!! Not that I am an author really but what the hell! I say I started the book but really I am just randomly writing - is it possible to write and then assemble it later???? The greatest thing about writing is that I feel like I can really "zone" out when I'm doing it.......something that I desperately need to do on occassion. Many people say that exercise does the same thing for them - I think they are liars cause I ain't feeling the love on the exercise front!!

So the book starts - no where in paticular and in reality I'm not even really sure where it is going?? Just ramblings I guess! I have had such a full life with so many things coming and going that I should have no problem filling thousands of pages but connecting everything and making it relevant is not as easy as I would have imagined - seriously, I think I could possibly have some form of adult ADD - sometimes my brain goes in 27 directions and lets face it - my brain isn't big enough to go in all those directions!

So on to my bitch about Oprah -how random is that to throw in with a book announcement???!! I just want to know what in the hell I have to do to get on the Oprah show - now come on.........I am not the most spectacular or the greatest person in the world but I really wanna be on Oprah - I and 3 other people have sent my story to her show, along with a copy of the magazine, and have never heard a word back?? I'm sure they get a ton of stuff and although I would love to be on her show I am not so much offended that I haven't received an invitation - just that I haven't even gotten a crappy form letter saying thanks for your info - NADDA, NOTHING!! Oh well - I just was making my list of goals and being on Oprah is on there for a lifetime achievement - maybe it won't happen or maybe I'll write my book and then she'll let me be on her show???

10 comments:

Jo said...

Yay, congrats!! I can't wait for your book! Don't worry about focus yet, your best writing is going to be like this, flying in all directions. When you reach the slow points you can go back and edit or find someone that can help you (any English majors around?) to create the masterpiece that will change the lives of a millions Barbies forever :) And Oprah will bow humbly in your presence...

Unknown said...

oh goodie, another book by a fellow blogger... can't wait to read it... :o)

i'm sure oprah gets bombarded w/thousands of letters and emails but one would think you'd get SOMEthing back... maybe she's too busy posing for her next magazine cover (which i do love, by the way)... ;o)

Colette said...

I think Oprah nees to READ Steph's book!! She is looking like a CHUNKY MONKEY here lately!! HAHAHA... ok you have to admit that was funny!!

Ok, before anyone says I was being racist or something I was thinking about the "chunky monkey" ice cream from Ben $ Jerrys!! But you got to admit...LOL...

Bad Barbie...Bad Barbie...LOL

Steph...Oprah will be calling you girl...you just wait and see! Hurry up and write that book, cuz I wanna read it too!!

Unknown said...

and thanks for the "trendsetting barbie" title, i love it... i will have to add it to my blog somewhere... :o)

Unknown said...

Jodi - it is so the truth!! Not only do you have great syle but you are beautiful......your Ken is a lucky guy!!

MtngirlinCali said...

Oprah doesn't want someone who looks better than her to get on her show! Think about it-- she makes tons of money off her weight loss. You've clearly been more successful in that category....she's got to protect herself!!! j/k

It's all good, though. We'll make you a bestseller anyway....;)

Creatingadiva said...

oo I just made some lifetime goals a couple of months ago and one of them was to go on oprah!! you let me know if she doesnt send you a reply after a while..we'll just have to go together and storm her studio...watch out oprah!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I will definitely be reading that book! That stinks that Oprah hasn't called, but maybe they are still wading through all the requests?? Write the book and then when they ask you to be ont he show, you can hem and haw about it before saying "yes"!!

Swizzlepop said...

I want an autographed copy please!!!! And then you need to do a signing in SF so I can come and say I "knew" you when :)

The Price's Wife said...

Damn that Oprah! I'd love to see you on her show. Good luck with your book... I think that's an awesome thing to do and your story is definitely worth sharing!