This picture makes me cry!

This picture makes me cry!
Thought it was time to change my picture

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sweat away the swelling!

Hello all my blogging buds. I can't say thank you enough for all your concern and comments. I am actually feeling much more like myself and THANK GOODNESS I'm looking more like myself and less like a bloated water buffalo! Of course the relief didn't come until after a total meltdwon complete with hysteria on Sunday........my hubby will surely be an alcoholic after this month??!! I am soooo proud of myself for maintaining the exercise regime in spite of the excess water. If I may toot my own horn, I have been to the gym 6 out of the last 7 days and completed 5 hours of cycling in those 6 days. I feel great!! If I could ever give one piece of advice for someone who hates exercise (like I did) it would be to find something that you like and then kick yourself in the butt to go until it just becomes a habit! When in doubt just DO IT!

Now, I wish that my food had been a bit better.......it hasn't been bad but I would like to keep my calories around 1500 as opposed to the 1700 I've been eating. I know some of my munching has been due to hormones and stress so I'm not totally beating myself down but I really want to get back on the right track before I get pregnant. Oh speaking of fertility, the hubby goes for his "test" this Friday. He is a bit freaked out about running through town with his contribution in a cup - I on the other hand find this component of our fertility quest absolutely hysterical. I can just picture him trying to get to the dr. office, navigating through construction and traffic while protecting his "specimen".........guys are so funny about that kind of thing anyway so can you just imagine??? Well maybe you shouldn't imagine my husband in that predicament but just imagine some random guy - trust me it will bring a sadistic smile to your face!

Okay - I know this is short but it's 11:00 p.m., I'm tired and have a LONG day tomorrow so I'm off to sleep. Thanks again for being so supportive. Your concern made me cry...well maybe that was the progesterone but I cried regardless!

(((HUGS)))

7 comments:

tallmama said...

Your post brought back memories of when we (dh) went thru that phase of fertility testing, though I was in the lobby and he was in his "room". THAT was a funny feeling; being 10 ft away from your hubby *knowing* what he's doing...(it was even funnier hearing his version, but that's another story).
Glad your feeling better, hope all goes well with dh sample. Tell him to tuck it under his arm pit, that mimicks the temp. of the 'boys', keeps them at their best longer.

MMalloy said...

Your determination and commitment to 'Gym' is very admirable and I hope that once I kick this bronchitis that I will be as commited as you are!

Kate said...

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better.

Like you I also HATE HATE HATE to exercise and despise the gym, but when I get to going on a regular basis, I almost get addicted to it, and like going, it's kinda funny how that works.

Unknown said...

LMAO - I was just invisioning your sweetie protectively holding his brown baggie with speed racer gear on! Then I read tallmama's comment about the armpit and holy cow my giggles busted out to full on laughter. You have such a great view of things!

Wishing you & your hubby the best of luck with your testing. Hope the boys are strong & good to go!

Keep up the great work and glad to hear your feeling better! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad your back to "normal" -- what is that anyway??? - I hope I can get more into the excercise kick this year, too!
-Chris

WeightBGone said...

Steph

I am so happy you are feeling better. I, like you, absolutely hated exercising but its become a habit I am beginning to enjoy. Even I can't believe this so lets just hope the feeling stays with me. Hope you have a good week and great job you are doing with "Gym" :)

The Price's Wife said...

I continue to be impressed and inspired by you! You are AMAZING!!!