This picture makes me cry!

This picture makes me cry!
Thought it was time to change my picture

Friday, September 21, 2007

So Whatcha Think???

I have to agree with Mal - TGIF!! Oh the weekend can't get here fast enough - weigh in, on the other hand........LOL! Yep, tonight is the where the rubber meets the road - I've really been trying to track my food better and have actually successfully journaled for the last 4 days - that is a huge thing for me because I just suck at it. Unfortunatley, I've seen some scary stuff - geez how I underestimate my points - I get that comfortable mentality - you know the one........the "I can calculate and keep track in my head" mentality.........hmmmmm, well writing it down made me realize that I either need to go back to school and learn how to add or I need to start paying better attention. More accountability and less estimation - know what I mean? So I'm not going to throw my food journal out there because I don't want to retype it all but wanted to list my exercise and point totals (that I have) for this week. Not sure why I'm doing this but I think it's because I just need some reassurance that I'm doing okay. I kind of feel like a little kid who needs some comfort and attention from her parents - is this good enough, did I do good, are you proud of me??? I know warped thinking but after tracking some things and doing some soul searching I realized that I have done a poor job of keeping it in check and now suddenly I feel insecure about the choices that I'm making. I know that I'm exercising and I feel good about that but the points thing just makes me a little nervous.......so here goes - I appreciate any input or suggestions that you may have. It's funny how we all have our own little tricks of the trade and we never know what will give another person a boost!

WORKOUTS

Friday - 1 hour on the weights
Saturday - 1 hour step class with weight intervals
Sunday - OFF
Monday - 1 mile on the bike warmup and then 90 minutes on the weights
Tuesday - OFF
Wednesday - 1 hour step class with weight intervals
Thursday - 1 hour spin class

FOOD - Target 20 - 23 Points

Sunday - 22 Points
Monday - 27 Points
Tuesday - 21 Points
Wednesday - 27 Points
Thursday - 24 Points
Friday - 20 Points (planned)

My only downfall has been a few more carbs than I like - none of them are processed type things - well unless you count the veggie chips (damn those green beans - they get me every time) but I did have 2 extra low carb tortillas (.5 point a piece) and 2 servings of sugar free oatmeal (1 point packet). Oh yeah, I've consistenly had more than one serving of fruit a day....still working to get that under control - again a work in progress.

I'm crossing my fingers for something good on the scale but even if it isn't spectacular I know that I'm building some muscle! I'll report back with the outcome - one more thing - gonna do a kickboxing class in the morning - this should make for an interesting post!! Stay TUNED!

4 comments:

Swizzlepop said...

WOW you are doing awesome! I had no idea you were working out that much. If you don't see a loss it's because of all the muscle. Seriously you are doing amazing. If only you lived closer I'd actually contemplate meeting you at the gym.
Can't wait to hear about kick boxing. Those classes scare me! Have a great WI and weekend!!! :)

Hortencia said...

You are doing great! Just work on getting in less process foods/carbs and doing your workouts. Love your previous post. I am not missing those burgers too...but I won't be hard on myself when I need to have one. I have found that writing my points down every day keeps me OP. I have to eventually write it down because, you are right, I will eat too much or sometimes not enough.

Candace MacPherson said...

WOW! Sounds like you're earning an aweful lot of AP points. Looks like you're doing great.

MMalloy said...

Steph, you are doing great. Your points don't seem high at all and the carbs are actually benefiting you with all the workouts! Keep it up, I am proud of you!