This picture makes me cry!

This picture makes me cry!
Thought it was time to change my picture

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Owning the Number???

Okay now that we have rebuilt and gathered together I feel the need to confess......actually I should stand up and say "Hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm a foodaholic" - really! Things have gotten a bit out of control over the last few months. I'm not making excuses but between a job change, a major illness in our family and just plain laziness on my part I have managed to put on 10 pounds!!! That not only puts me at the TOP of my comfortable weight but also puts me in FREAK OUT mode!!! Weight is a very touchy subject for me and being over where I like to be is even more touchy so rather than be lax in my commitment to myself I am going to do something about it - now I did go to the gym on Saturday and I have survived a whole 13 minutes on the elliptical machine - trust me that is a big deal cause after 4 minutes I WANTED OFF that torture chamber from hell. People say "I love the elliptical machine" yeah right - I love cutting off my fingers, please??!! So here I am sweating like a pig on this machine - all the while an infomercial for some kitchen gadget (that makes souffles in 7 minutes) is playing on the tv set. It was not fun - there was no euphoria afterwards - I didn't resemble that cute, bubbly, "glowing" gym bunny at all! Rather I appeared to be a jiggly, middle aged mother that was in the process of going into cardiac arrest while salivating over some microwaved souffle.........just not a pretty sight! BUT all that said - I am going back tonight..........oh god my thighs are screaming out for mercy even as I type this! I am also commiting to eating in moderation - as I have mentioned previously, moderation is not something that I'm good at! I am an all or nothing girl in just about every aspect of my life so switching my mindset will be tough but will be worth it.........if I can live with the "mental" hunger for a few days then I know I can get back on track! The problem is that I am not usually terribly hungry for dinner but feel like I've barely eaten anything all day so I have to eat - then I end up overeating..........God it's a vicious cycle!!!

So as of today I am going to start posting my food log, exercise log and water intake - the weekends may be more challenging because I rarely get on the computer but I have to make this a priority - luckily I know what works for me so now I just have to make myself get motivated!!! The thing that makes me sad is that I didn't put on 10 pounds by eating fast food or ice cream but rather by eating too many veggies and too many diet foods.........yeah, it is a sad reality but you CAN gain weight just by eating too much food - it all has calories. I hate to think what I would look like had I applied my fast food eating habits with my recent quantities - oh dear god........it would be 30 pounds rather than 10!! YIKES!

So wish me luck - you girls are all soooo inspiring and if I can be of any help to anyone please let me know! By the way that is my magazine cover - I had such a blast on the trip and photo shoot!

3 comments:

Swizzlepop said...

WOW that is amazing (the mag cover)! And I see NO pannus so you hide it well! And OMG you need to tape copies of that cover everywhere to remind you of how far you've come. You lost like 5 little children. You lost me and a like a 10 year old (I was 100 lbs at 10). You need

Colette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colette said...

Steph...I had to laugh when you posted this... wanna know why? I was standing in line at Walmart several months ago and I saw your picture on the cover and I picked it up to look at the photos and I thought to myself " There is NO way this hot chick is the same girl"..LOL I swear I had no clue it was you. Once I looked at your pictures more closely I did the "got to find one thing that matches" comparison and by god I REALIZED it was the SAME person!! I thought to myself if she can do this well so can I!! I guess you just never know where your going to get inspiration from?? Now I can tell the girls at work I know someone famous!!
Ps: you got to tell me all your tricks...you truly look wonderful.