This picture makes me cry!

This picture makes me cry!
Thought it was time to change my picture

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm Fixed!!!

Thank you all for emailing me and letting me know that my blog thingie was broken........I'm fixed now so you can leave comments all you want!

On to more exciting stuff - so yesterday was a fairly good day OP. I walked 15 flights of stairs and did some power walking for about 25 minutes. My trip to the gym was cancelled because of extreme rain and flooding - I thought I was going to need an ark to get home!! So I felt really good about my movement and eating - then I stepped on the scale and thank GOD it read 5 pounds less than Saturday. I knew that I was retaining a lot of water when I stepped on the scale but when you put on your pants and they are too tight you just have to wonder WTF???!!! I absolutely hate the fact that the scale has so much impact on my life - I'm talking make or break a day for me - total freak out - meltdown mode! That cannot be a good thing. At the same time isn't it amazing how motivated we become when the scale is headed down?? Suddenly last night I was over my constant craving for chocolate and peanut butter - I no longer felt compelled to devour every last marshmallow in the box of Lucky Charms (yes, I pick them out of my kid's cereal - it's really bad when he pours a bowl and doesn't get one marshmallow.......kind of hard to explain that the Leprechaun forgot about his box!!). I was instantly okay - content to read a book and not think about food. I can't remember the last time I didn't think about food..........huh, what??? I LOVE food - what happened here?? Well rather than feeling fat and ugly I felt thin and beautiful.........I still want to lose like 10 pounds to hit my ultimate personal goal but because I was back in my comfort zone I could think like a thin person - I just don't get it??

5 comments:

Swizzlepop said...

I used to totally eat all the marshmallows out of the box when I was little. I still would if I had someone to eat the rest like my uncles used to have to (I was spoiled then too). I still wish they could make a box of just marshmallows :). THAT would be my treat cereal. Glad your day got better!!!

Colette said...

wooohoo glad you fixed your comment thing. Look at the joke on my post from yesterday..its about a scale..LOL
Have a great day hun

WeightBGone said...

You look amazing and should be very proud of yourself. I know I am proud of you. Keep up the great job. Have a wonderful day.

Janet said...

Good job!

BTW: I love your hair. I've been thinking about cutting mine short.

Jo said...

GJ, you look amazing!